Langebaan Country Estate
SATURDAY 23 MARCH 2019
BUSES TO MARATHON START:
- Buses will transport runners from registration point at LCE to start inside Park.
- Last bus will depart from registration point at 05:30 (50km drive at 50km/h)
- Marathon starts at Tzaarsbank near Postberg on Western side of Park (sea-side)
- Half Marathon, 10km & Fun Run start at Langebaan Country Estate.
- All four races finish at Langebaan Country Estate.
- Routes are mainly through West Coast National Park, with Half Marathon 30% off-road.
- Refreshment stations every 3km and every 2km for last 10km of the Marathon & Half Marathon.
- Cut-off time for Marathon is 12:15, for Half Marathon is 10:45 and for 10km is 09:30.
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Licensed athletes must wear their ASA license on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA license, so that the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Temporary licensed runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Temporary licenses will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- This is a RaceTec timing chip event for the marathon, half marathon and 10km. Except for juniors in the 10km race, all other athletes must wear a RaceTec timing chip. Chips can be bought for a large discount at only R120.
- Athletes must be 20 years and older for the marathon, 16 years and older for the half marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, athletes will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vests. Athletes may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors and temporary licensed participants, who must provide proof of age on request.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Juniors (born 1999 or later) wearing a junior licence or senior licence must display age category “J” tags, to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards Open team prizes.
- Juniors (born 2000 or later) wearing a junior license or senior license must display age category “J” tags, to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards Open team prizes.
- Juniors in the 10km race do not have to wear a RaceTec timing chip and can win a prize without wearing a timing chip, but might not get an official time.
- Licenced athletes should wear club colours. Full club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes. Temporary licenced athletes must run in clothing without advertising.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
- No cars allowed inside Park during race.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using litter boxes near water stations and at every km board, or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.